Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Science Challenge Week #2

I watched Ali's, Cassy's, and Megan's.



I really liked it when people integrated technology with other resources, like using two examples of technology, or like combining the use of technology with keeping a chart or reading a book. A lot of these projects seem like they wouldn't be too difficult to prepare and carry out in the classroom, but I think that it's important to be prepared for some troubleshooting or to explain the technology so that kids aren't frustrated by the technology. If we aren't well-prepared to use the technology it could actually hinder students' learning. But all in all I think technology is a very useful tool that can make learning more fun and meaningful.

3 comments:

  1. Very detailed explanation! I really liked the tool you used. it's so simple and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! It's so simple and would work great for younger grades. I can definitely see myself using this in my classroom. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this! I thought the use of a side bar with additional information and images is very beneficial in internalizing information, even for young students. The technology is easy to use and is not the traditional cut and paste of pictures.

    ReplyDelete